•  
  •  Tahkhana Complex literally Tahkhana (Persian) means a cold building or palace. To the northwest of the main building are two other structures; the nearest one a three-domed mosque and the other, slightly further to the north, a domical tomb surrounded by a vaulted verandah. It was built by Mughal governor Shah Shuja (1639; 1660 AD). It is very likely that Shah Shuja built this small palace as a khanqah (resting, meditating and preaching place) for his patron saint Shah Niamatullah and the mosque and the tombs as its adjuncts. Chapai Nwabganj, Rajshahi, Bangladesh.

    Image ID: BPL040388

    COPYRIGHT © Bengal Pix
    Note: may not be used any image without written permission. Use of any image is subject to payment and compliance with Bengal Pix's License Agreement.

    Photo info

    Popular tags

    Credit: Gallery Administrator
    View more information